Saturday, April 22, 2017

Amazing Wonders

Every place that we have traveled, I continue to be amazed by the grandeur and beauty that I see. Seriously, being in God’s creation is not just relaxing and brings peace to my soul but it gives me a greater sense of how majestic God is to have created all this for us to enjoy. Spending 5 days in the Lake Powell/Page area was so worth it. Let’s begin with Horseshoe Bend. 

Horseshoe Bend
It’s a short hike in and down to the cliff where you literally stand (there’s no railing whatsoever!) on the edge of the cliff that surrounds Horseshoe Bend and you look down! I mean look at how close you can get to the edge! I definitely was scared of falling over so I literally sat down and scooted myself to as close as I could without falling. There were quite a few people lying on their stomachs. Dave and I took turns walking up to the edge of the cliff so that one of us could watch girls because you know for sure I wasn’t going to let the girls run around near that cliff! Right before we left, we each held the girls and walked them to a point where they could see the Horseshoe Bend. I highly recommend coming here to see this if you’re in the area or even if you’re at Grand Canyon (it’s only a 2 hour drive from Grand Canyon to Horseshoe Bend). 




Lower Antelope Canyon
The next amazing place and number one of my list in this area is taking a tour of Lower Antelope Canyon. There’s also tours for the Upper Antelope Canyon which takes you into the canyon where most people are familiar with based on photographs you’ve seen. The Upper Antelope Canyons is definitely much more expensive like $50/person and they drive you in from the town of Page. Dave and I of course wanted a less expensive experience and found out about the Lower Antelope Canyon tour which was only $25/person! It’s a steeper climb down into the canyon but just as beautiful! It’s a 1.5 hour tour where a guide walks you through the canyon pointing out different features of the canyon that look like certain images, like a dragon, or an animal, etc. I highly recommend taking Ken’s Tour of the lower antelope canyon. We definitely want to come back when the girls are old enough to make the steep climb down the stairs into the canyon. Dave and I did this tour separately so that one of us was watching the girls while the other one enjoyed their time in the canyon. Seriously, I was in awe the entire time in the canyon. AMAZING!






Monument Valley
Second favorite place in this area, well 2 hours away from the town of Page is Monument Valley.  We didn’t plan on going here at all because it seemed out of the way but thanks to David’s spontaneity, we decided at 3pm in the afternoon to make the drive out to Monument Valley. Best spontaneous decision of the trip. If you don’t know about Monument Valley, think about the old John Wayne western movies; that scenery in the background is Monument Valley. We were lucky enough to get there in time to drive the off-roading loop in the valley. We had a grand time off-roading with our trusty Odyssey, well mostly, I had a great time driving the dusty dirt roads. Here’s a little video clip of us off-roading in the valley. The most amazing scenery was watching the sunset set across Monument Valley. The colors were so beautiful and it was breathtaking. 







Carl Hayden Visitor Center and Glen Canyon Dam
If you’re ever in the Page area, I would recommend stopping by the Carl Hayden Visitor Center and take a tour of the Glen Canyon Dam. The visitor center was a fun place also for the kids to explore  but the tour itself was also pretty neat. We were able to go inside the Dam and hear about the history and purpose of the Dam. 












No comments:

Post a Comment